Land billing

Phoenix Caggles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do you all bill for land... I bought some land just before my billing date of 10/14/10 i was when i was billed i was billed for land fees now that i don't have the land about a month later you are gonna charge me again even though i don't have the land... why am i gettnig ripped off for land i no longer own???

6 answers to this question

Your fees are calculated based on the peak usage during the previous cycle. Peak usage is the amount of land you own PLUS any tier donations to any groups (even if the group no longer owns any land).

If you owned land or had group contributions anytime after 10/14 it will apply to this cycle and you'll be charged on 11/14 just like you were on 10/14. If you own nothing and have no contributions after that you won't be charged anything on 12/14.

They bill by peak usage because if they didn't people would swap land between accounts with different billing dates to get out of paying anything.

• Like 1

Calveen is correct. You are always charged on your billing date for the peak amount you owned during the previous cycle. It doesn't matter if you owned it for 29 days or 29 seconds. That is to keep people from asking others or alts to "hold" the land while their billing goes through so it looks like they don't own land and don't get charged.

If you want to "get your money's worth" then yes, you should know when your billing date is and buy land on the day after and always sell the day before to avoid unnecessary (but valid) charges.

• Like 1

ok I get the billing part now... my next questions is for future reference when do you sell your land so you don't get charged extra some one said before your next billing date or do you sell it after your next billing date just like buying??

I would like to thank you all for helping me understand this.. your all kind people and im very greatful for you help.

If you sell it BEFORE your next billing date you will still be charged on THAT date, but not on the NEXT billing date. If you wait until AFTER your next billing date to sell it you will be charged on that date AND the next, but not on the one after that.

You will keep being charged for land fees every monthly billing date until you have an entire cycle where you owned no land at any point during the cycle.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.