HELP I cannot build on land even though i have rights to do so

Alex Ixxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all (first time poster here)

I have a serious problem, I've recently began making my own clothes and like most developers decided to try and sell my things

Seeing as i'm a child avi (don't judge me lol) and my clothes are aimed towards other child avi's I decided to start out at the Comic Nerdz mall at the Destination sim

I'm going to list everything that happened to see if any steps that were taken may have affected me

So the owner originally tries to invite me to the Land Group - which would give me rights to rez in world and start decorating my store obviously - unknowingly I have too many groups, so I leave a group or two first, then accept the invitation

Then what happens is - even though I am in the group I cannot see the group amongst the "My Groups" list (sorry if that doesn't make sense)

So I ask the owner to invite me again - a notification pops up saying that I am already in the group. From then on I clear my cache and relog about 5 times, wait a couple hours and the group is still not showing up in the "My Groups" list.

I bother the owner again and ask him to remove me from the group, and re-invite me - this time it works and I am now a member of the group. I make the group my active tag, and...... I'm not able to rez.

I look in the land profile and see that for those who are in the land group they are given the right to build

seeing as i'm in the land group and I dont have the right to build up my store, I start getting frustrated

I have the same tag as other vendors and numerous vendors were there last night making improvements and were able to rez, where as I wasn't

So i'm asking if there's something i'm doing wrong, or if one of the steps listed may have hindered me I dont know, but I would like help ASAP please and thank you in advance

5 answers to this question

Are you using the Emerald viewer?

If so, as a workaround, enable the Advanced and Develop Menus

CTRL+ALT+D to show Advanced and from it select Show Develop Menu.

I came across this in a Pjira.

If it doesn't work try Clear Group Cache in the Advanced Menu then log off and log back into a different region.

After that I'm out of ideas.

Nyll

• Like 1

Hello Alex, wear the correct Group tag and close the Viewer.

Before you log in, Clear the Cache from Outside Second Life You can check the Disk Cache location, for each Viewer, from the   login  screen Preferences > Setup or Network.  Reboot your computer.

When your Inventory has fully loaded teleport to the Mall. Check that the Build symbol is showing in Parcel Properties at the top of the screen.

Can you rez?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.