why are my fingers stiff

Maxx Unplugged

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Everybody's fingers are stiff. 

There are only a few hand poses that your avatar can perform.  These are actually not animations, but "morphs."  The default is a "relaxed" hand pose.  Others include a "holding" pose, a fingers spread pose (probably the one you are seeing), a pointing finger, and a "V" sign.

Hand poses are determined by the animation that is controlling your avatar.  You might check to see what AO you are wearing. 

If you're wearing one, try turning it off, or taking it off.

If you are using Firestorm's built in AO, be aware that you need to add animations to it.  It won't work "off the shelf."

Try going to Avatar\Avatar Health\Stop Animations.  That might correct the problem.

If you don't have an AO (an "animation overrider" that replaces your stock animations) then get one.  Its animations will probably relax your hands.

Another entirely different possibility is that you are wearing one of the new full mesh avatars.  These have fixed hands and don't respond to morph changes commanded by an animation.

You don;t say whether you've got a mesh avatar or what, so it's hard to say.. But if you have a Belleza Male (I have Jake), then you have a real problem. There;s some glitch that makes Jake keep his fingers  spread out wide all the time and it looks freakish. Not only that, but Jake himself can't always see it but other avatars can, which makes it the avatar equivalent of walking around with your fly open You think yo're looking hot and right on time but you've got these I'm-being-electrocuted hands.

;'ve heard there's some work-around but I don;t know what it is. Reportedly, Belleza is working an a fix.

Aiden, the OP hasn't been active on this forum for over 3 years! rolleyes.gif

I had the same problem you describe (with Maitreya Lara hands), which was caused by me deleting the scripts from my Bento hands which made them revert to their default posture which is spread out. So for the outfit in question I switched to pre-Bento hands. Maybe you can do something similar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.