Finding/Resizing your Huds

serotica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all I love these forums, a veritable treasure trove of information and funny at the same time....

Anyway I've been away after a long hiatus and found that some of my Huds are either not visible when I open them or some that cover the entire screen.

Now I know that one can 'edit 'where you virtually resize your screen to see where they could possibly be but have forgotten how one goes about it. And then editing accordingly to get those that cover the screen entirely...

Am I right in thinking that the Hud that covers your view entirely can be resized back to its original size by 'stretching both sides' in edit tab?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :womanhappy:

if any HUD object is visible on your screen already, right-click and edit.

in the edit floater, make sure Snap is turned off, it is next to useless in HUD space.

to zoom out and see HUD objects past the screen edge, select any visible HUD object then back out with the mouse wheel. if you have a funky pointer with no wheel, hold down Alt and drag toward yourself.

once you can see the edges of the object, you will see the white resize squares on the edges, and yes you can resize them just like inworld objects, as long as you have mod permission on them.

if you  lost a HUD object off the edge of the screen, make a plain cube and attach it to Center or Center2. then you can edit that cube, and use the wheel or Alt-drag zooming to find the hidden ones and drag them into the screen space.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

if any HUD object is visible on your screen already, right-click and edit.

in the edit floater, make sure Snap is turned off, it is next to useless in HUD space.

to zoom out and see HUD objects past the screen edge, select any visible HUD object then back out with the mouse wheel. if you have a funky pointer with no wheel, hold down Alt and drag toward yourself.

once you can see the edges of the object, you will see the white resize squares on the edges, and yes you can resize them just like inworld objects, as long as you have mod permission on them.

if you  lost a HUD object off the edge of the screen, make a plain cube and attach it to Center or Center2. then you can edit that cube, and use the wheel or Alt-drag zooming to find the hidden ones and drag them into the screen space.

No need really to make that cube, etc.  In your inventory window you can right click / choose edit on any worn object, and in this case on the HUD, and then use the scroll wheel, etc.

Right click/edit in the inventory window is also very handy if you loose a worn object "inside" your Ava or when multiple worn objects are making it difficult to target the one you want to edit. 

I can use that feature in my viewer (click edit from the Inventory) but what is happening is that the 'stretch points' normally visible when you want to resize or stretch both sides etc. aren't visible at all. They simply are not there,

So the HUD is still very large and pretty much covers the screen when I load it. I have sent an IM to the maker perhaps he can generate a fix.

I saw yesterday too when troubleshooting this, that it is no modify and the size option in the edit window is blanked out, maybe that's why one can't resize in the first place. Thanks Everyone x

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

"Edit" on attachments from inventory is not a standard viewer feature.

Youch. 

My bad.

Usually I double check before making statements that involve the official viewer but I neglected to this time.

I had said to Ebbe the main reason I use a TPV was because it made life simpler for me.  This would be another example.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.