Multiple lines of repeat chat and always ruthed on login

Stella Quandry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HELP! 

Before I kick SL in its arse... I am having a few propblems.  First off, yes, I've cleared my cahces, I've uninstalled the viewer (current SL recommended) and I've reinstalled it a few times, and the problems continue.  (sorry I'm cranky....)

The problems are:

1) I get multiple lines of chat.  For each line typed by either myself or another resident, SL repeats it up to 30 times per entry.  You can imagine the insanity of that in a local setting!  How do I make this stop?  Oh please save me!

2) RUTH!  Now everytime I log in I am naked and Ruthed!  Any suggestions?

3) If I remove the last (original before viewer 2 came in...) is there anyway of getting that back?  I really hate the new version 2.

Thanks for any help I can get!  Cheers, Stella

8 answers to this question

yes just follow the link below You will it in in green text only No picture ok, so you will have to look. Plus make sure your bandwidth is up as much as it will go, in network tab ok.you can always asign a port,but if you don't know what your doing there then stay away, try updateing your display driver also.I do know a few cases where that helped.

Codeme Not

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm  for all your Daz3D

http://blog.bitcomet.com/thorgaz  My own shit beefed up.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help on the viewer portion of my question.  Can anyone help with why the multiple lines of chat (each single line repeats over and over), or about why Ruthed on each log in?

I've been on SL for two years, and never had any issues like this!  Thanks Stella!

Hello Stella, this sounds like a connection issue.

Try unplugging your modems and routers for a full minute, then plug them back in and log into Second Life.

Before you log in, Clear the Cache from Outside Second Life You can check the Disk Cache location from the login screen Preferences > Setup or Network. Log   into Region Pooley or Aqua, see Changing  your login location and let your Inventory fully load.

Reducing lag

While you're logged into Second Life, you're connecting to several  different parts of the Second Life servers (for the region you're in,  your inventory, your cash balance, etc.) It's possible to get  disconnected from some parts of Second Life and not others.

• When this happens, you need to close and restart Second Life to  get reconnected.
  • If this happens consistently after a certain period of time  (like a few minutes), it's likely there's other software on your  computer (firewall or internet security software) that's disconnecting  Second Life.
  • If you're using wireless, you may want to try a wired  connection.
Try opening the Statistics bar and seeing what your Ping  Sim and Packet Loss values are. The ping values are the time  (in milliseconds) it takes to reach the server from your computer. If  this number is high, it could indicate a problem with your network or  internet connection. If Packet Loss is a nonzero number, your  network or ISP may be having issues.

Check your network connection How  do I check for packet loss (network lag)?

What is packet loss? Packets of data travel across computer networks,  including the Internet, home or any corporate network. If one or more  of these packets fails to reach its destination, packet loss occurs.  These lost or dropped packets can result in performance issues.

If your network transport protocol provides for packet recovery, a  transmitted packet that is lost will be re-sent. However, it will be  re-sent along with every other packet of data that had been sent after  it. This causes the overall throughput of the connection to drop.

Connection difficulties can lie in any of the following sources:
  • Your home network    
  • Use of a wireless network    
  • Your ISP   
  • A third-party Internet connection  between your ISP and our host.    
  • Occasionally with our  provider's network.    

Contact your ISP to see if  there are any restrictions or throttling of your connection. Use a 3rd party programme to monitor the network latency and to check whether there's any packet loss.

Hi Ellla!

You saved the day!  It was a packet loss and the link that leads to how to tell your packet loss, took me to the WinMTR download.  I was able to show my IPS what was wrong.  I am not using wireless, but the wireless was being a bother.  Your very complete answer really helped me. Five Stars to you Ellla!

To everyone that replied, thank you so much.  I have managed to reload my viewer with your help as well.  I am so impressed with the help that 24 hours and a great gang of people can do!

Cheers to you all! Stella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.