Deposit $US ahead of billing cycle

Aviendha Bayn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I see that there is a 'deposit $US' function on xstreet, but I'm looking for a similar function on my dashboard. Basically, I want to be able to deposit $US into my account by credit card so that when my billing cycle comes around this $US balance is debited first, before any remaining balance is debited to my credit card. Sort of a pre-pay thing incase my RL income clashes with, or overlaps, my SL billing cycle.

Perhaps the xstreet 'deposit $US' function does this? But I need to know that LL will debit this $US balance before debiting my card at billing time. No point in doing it if they debit my card and leave USD languishing in my account.

Any knowledge or advice on this matter would be appreciated

Thanks

4 answers to this question

It's interesting you should ask this.  I was in dispute with paypal at the beginning of last month, and during a chat with support, was told:

Piotr:                                                                  If you sell your Lindens, your account will be ccredited  with US dollars. When it comes to payment our Billing Processor will  charge this balance, instead of your Payment Method, Untameable.

That seems to answer your question.  Without a doubt, if you DO either credit your account with US Dollars or sell L$ to get US$, it would appear the billing processor WILL charge this balance as a preference.  Just as long as there is enough US$ balance to cover any owed payments in full.

• Like 1

Yep; top up USD from your card and the charge will be made against that rather than hitting your card again. I sell Linens every month to cover my tier which is taken from the USD balance and top up from my cc if I need too....

• Like 1

You can deposit US$ at anytime from your credit card or PayPal. You do this from your Dashboard. On teh left side, you will see three grey title banners: "Account", "Stay in the Loop" and "Linden Exchange". Its the 3rd one you want, the Exchange. You should see the word Manage in that section. That link will take you to where you can transfer US$ to your account. LL calls this increasing your credit, so don't let that confuse you. In otherwords, US$ in your SL account is called credit by LL. so, just follow the steps, filling in the info you need, its very straight forward.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.