Images Loading and Too Many Complex Objects In Scene

Pharaoh Narstrom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been plagued by this Client Side lag for a while now and I'm at my wits end. I've tried switching viewers, using older viewers, even lowering my graphic settings to the bare minimum....not just scrolling the bar to low...but hitting custom and actually taking everything down as low as possible and even unchecking several of the boxes SOLELY to see if it would make a difference....It didnt....I've searched and searched and still havent been able to find a solution so I think it's about time that I post.  I've seen others with this issue but none of their options and answers have worked for me. I've also found, through searching several other posts, that its a good idea to go ahead and post my hardwares stats before expecting a real reply:

Singularity Viewer (64 bit) 1.8.5 (5617) Jan 29 2014 00:07:05 (Singularity)

Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with MSVC version 1700

You are at 192215.6, 358609.4, 43.2 in Dead End (750, 1400) located at sim10337.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.59:13020)
Second Life RC LeTigre 14.06.26.291532
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor (2800.07 MHz)
Memory: 3071 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9400 GT/PCIe/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.1106
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

Viewer SSE Version: None
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.8 c-ares/1.9.1
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.25
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Packets Lost: 345/4807 (7.2%)

If someone could please help I'd be greatly appreciative. 

Thank you~

1 answer to this question

The problem is basically that you have a rather old, underpowered video card.  The NVidia GeForce 9400 GT was introduced back in 2010 and was a fairly decent mid-range card at the time.  I had one in my desktop at that time and found that it was adequate for SL ... at the time.  Second Life has moved on since then and so has video card technology.  Here's how that card benchmarks against cards commonly used by SL residents today:

NVidia GeForce 9400.jpg

I think you're just expecting it to give you higher performance than it can deliver.

ETA: As a side note, I should have also pointed out that you have alarmingly high packet loss. Normal, acceptable packet loss is close to zero. You have a flaky Internet connection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.