editing body appearance - face - only some parts change with slider

Treasure Lock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Noob. not sure if I am doing something wrong.

appearance - edit - body parts - edit. 
goto "eyes/eye-opening" - when I move the slider, the number changes, but my avatar eyes don't change.
goto head, stretch head - when I move the slider, the number changes and my avatar head changes shape.

Why only some features work? am I doing something wrong?

I'm guessing you have a "mesh" avatar and not a "classic" avatar. The mesh avatars are not very changeable. You can try switching to one of the classic avatars which are fully changeable with the sliders. You can also get new skin and new clothes. Welcome!

To change out of the mesh avatar into a classic avatar/shape:

Looking at the top left part of your viewer, Change to a default "classic" avatar by choosing Me>choose an avatar>click on the Classic tab>pick one of those avatars

If that is not working then (sometimes nothing will show up in those tabs):

open your inventory>open Current outfit folder

Right click on the following and DETACH each:

1. all the alphas (anything labeled alpha with a name associated with it such as Brandon-alpha-boots)

2. the invisible avatar

3. the body (it has an orange box icon-this is not the same as the shape) exp. Brandon - body

3. All the clothes,shoes, hair associated with a specific name. The mesh avatars have all been assigned names such as Lucy, Brandon, Julian etc... so you will see for example  "Julian - hair" "Brandon-hair" "Lucy - shoes"

You have now removed the mesh avatar components:

Now, you will be wearing only a default classic shape (male or female base shape), a blank skin, eyes, blank hair (bald base). Your avatar will look odd but you will basically have a blank canvas of a classic shape to modify with the sliders and eventually add new skins, clothes, etc...

You can then go back into your inventory, scroll down to:

Library folder (in green) >clothing folder>intital outfits folder

open anthing that does not say "mesh" and you can right click and wear any of those items that are specifically for classic shapes (for example: Male student outfit) or you can shop around in freebie places to find skins, hair, shoes, etc...

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.