Will a laptop with this spec run sl?

Illiana Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm proposing to buy a laptop and am wondering if it will run sl satisfactorily. It has the following hardware:

Processor:  Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T6600 (2.20GHz) 800MHz FSB/2MB L2 Cache

Ram:  2GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz SODIMM

Graphics card:  1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 230M PCI Express

Hard Disk:  160GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" Hard drive with 16MB cache

I'm not very knowledgeable about such things, so can anyone tell me if this will be good for sl, or, if it is lacking, what should be changed/added to improve it?

Thanks. 

8 answers to this question

Yes it will run SL just fine. In lower end laptops and desktops, the chipset for graphics is part of the motherboard and in most cases marginal for any 3d application. In higher end ones, even laptops, the graphics card is seperate and much more robust. The geForce 230 series chipsets will run SL fine, and you can probably run with the graphics settings at Ultimate.

The rest of the computer is not nearly as important as the graphics. I have an old P3 machine with 1 gig ram and Windows XP that runs SL just fine because it has a NVidia 7600 card in it. It won't run SL and anything else at the same time because of the computers limitations, but because it has a decent graphics card, SL looks fine.

• Like 1

It's a more than decent laptop for running SL, just keep check on the heat build up. Laptops may be called laptops, but for running SL, you don't want your legs clogging the air circulation from placing it on your lap. It's something to keep in mind for any laptop, no matter how much money you throw at it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.