You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Link order goes in reverse.  The first prim you select is the last link in the linkset.  The last prim you select becomes the root.  If you mix and match, meaning link unlinked prims to linked prims or unlink them all and select/deselect, the link order changes and your root prim will most likely change.  You should always be aware of what is linked and what isn't.  Reordering to get a new root prim is as simple as unlinking, holding shift, deselet the prim you want to be the root, then select it again, then link the prims togetehr, viola.

Also, in Firestorm, the link number display in the edit window (if using Edit Linked Parts) can potentially display the wrong link number for individual prims in a linkset; not sure if it's a bug or what.  It's a good idea to use an auto dying script that detects the link number for a specific prim in your object, if you need to know a specific prim's link number.  Here's the script I wrote, I use it all the time.  The value of 0 means it's not linked.  1 thru x is your link number in the linkset.

// Drop me in a linked prim to get its link number.
// Script auto deletes after one second.

default{ state_entry() { llSay(0, "Link #: "+(string)llGetLinkNumber()); // Say the link # in local chat.
llSetTimerEvent(1.0); // Allow the script a short pause, for posterity. }

timer()
{
llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName()); // Delete the script.
}
}

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.