My second life viewer keeps closing when I try to login.

LifeGirl1214

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just started to play Second Life, like yesterday I made an account. Well, when I logged in today, I tried to login, but then it wouldn't work. I tried multiple times and I figured that one of 2 things will happen. 1. When I login, it would come up with a pop-up that says ''Login Failed. Region has begun the logout process. Please try logging in again in a minute.'' I would do what the pop-up said but it still wouldn't work. 2. It would begin to load the world, but before the bar has reached it's full length, it would just completely close. The Viewer would completely close by itself. And I have also tried completely deleting my Viewer, and then re-installing it, but it would still do the same thing. Please, help!

2 answers to this question

First: When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

Second: Check that your computer meets the System Requirements | Second Life.

Third: See an old article of mine for ideas: Second Life Viewer Crashes While Starting

Fourth: Search the forum on Crash at Login while you wait for answers. 

hi

LL say

• Change your login location
  • open your viewer, and check
  • you type your avatar name into it , the next box type resident and finally type your password into the last box
  • were it say my last location, click on that and pick type a location, type   london or type  paris
  • enjoy SL byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.