Gacha in the Market Place?

Velenu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a small store and I got an invitation to join an event as shopkeeper. I was really interested, they offer 3 different spaces, two of which you can have a Gacha. Now I was in the Market Place and found a store (Gacha YardSale) that offers products for sale, Gacha products. They are products from Belezza, Birdy, Zaara, Truth ... How can such a thing happen? It is copy-bot or just a huge hole in Cacha system? The items are transfer, but it allow people to sell it there?

Velenu wrote:

I have a small store and I got an invitation to join an event as shopkeeper. I was really interested, they offer 3 different spaces, two of which you can have a Gacha. Now I was in the Market Place and found a store (Gacha YardSale) 
that offers products for sale,
Gacha
products. They are products from Belezza, Birdy, Zaara, Truth ... How can such a thing happen? It is copy-bot or just a huge hole in Cacha system? The items are transfer, but it allow people to sell it there?

Gacha items are allowed to be sold and Belleza and Truth, at least, have had gacha items in the Arcade. Assuming that these products are the gacha products, there's no reason why they can't be sold on the Marketplace. The fact that gacha items can be resold is the reason "yard sales" exist at all.

Gacha items are usually set no copy/transfer partly with the idea that people in th eMerchants group will swap different varieties.  If you get two blues and no reds then you might look to swap with someone who got two reds but no blues.

But the way the permission systems is set up this means you can also sell them with no foul, even if that was not the Merchants intent. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

Gacha items are usually set no copy/transfer partly with the idea that people in th eMerchants group will swap different varieties.  If you get two blues and no reds then you might look to swap with someone who got two reds but no blues.

But the way the permission systems is set up this means you can also sell them with no foul, even if that was not the Merchants intent. 

Gacha has actually become big business since the "Arcade" events - a large number of good designers offer gacha ranges that include rare items which can be very nice. There are people who buy up gacha items until they hit rare items which they sell for a substantial markup while selling common items at face value.

This benefits the merchant as the gacha machines are hit often, the gacha middlemen/women/creatures who can make a profit on rares and break even on commons, and the ordinary citizen who can get a specfic color gacha item they want or a rare item without dealing with random chance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.