shared objects, how do I use them,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all ^^

Well, in following my previous thread, we've come to a new elan in out "relation"... :)

Yesterday, he shared his objects with me so I can manupulate them...snag...(here it cmes) how do I use them/access them/manupulate them???

I use the Sungularity, with the RLV viewer, and a shared folder voewer. I suppose the latter only acceses the #RLV folder, and that is not what is meant by "sharing objects"...

Obviously, I fired the salvo of righ-clicks at him (hehe, omonst other stuff) but to no avail, unless (duh) i missed it...

Thanks for heling out this total-noob :)

Mell

xxx

If a user has allowed you to modify their objects, you can select and move their objects.

Right-click an object of theirs and select 'Edit', you'll see the three-axis move/scale/rotation controls as if the object belonged to you.

Note that it is not possible to edit scripts (and perhaps notecards) inside other peoples' objects, and that the ability to modify objects doesn't change permissions or authorisation within scripts. Also if you 'Take' someone elses object, you'll inherit it under New Owner permissions.

I see, so this does not really count for the stuff in their RLV folder. But I could basically "remoddel" his avi...(eek)...

Incidentally, we may need to reorganise (and clean up) his RLV folder. I had an other subbie in-play a few days ago, her folder was pretty clean and all the objects were accessible easily...so i suppose there's some work there too...

Lotsa stuff to learn :)

Mell

xxxx

No, it is entirely unconnected from RLV. RLV shared folders can only be accessed via scripted means (e.g. OpenCollar > RLV > Browse #RLV)

No, you cannot edit avatars or attachments using shared modify permissions. Only objects that have been rezzed on the ground or in the sky.

I arrange my shared folders in sub-sets, using the prefix / to denote a nested set. Purpose for this is that RLV response is limited to 1024chars per folder level.

e.g:-

- /Shoes    - /Heels        - Style #1
o L Shoe (left foot)
o R Shoe (right foot) - Style #2 - /Sandals - Style #3

...etc

See also: RLV Application Programming Interface

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.