How can I create a group title or role that will appear above my name?

King Later

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently created the group "Kingdom of Aridzonia" and I created the role of King for me and the role of ArchDuke for my second on command but all it shows above my name is Owner when I activate the group and my second only show Member when he activates the group. Is there a way for us to have our proper titles?

4 answers to this question

You just need to change the title of the role.  Open your Group Info and click on the Members & Roles tab.  In that window, click on the Roles.   Under the list of Roles you will see the Name and Then Title.   Whatever is in Title will appear above your name when you have that group active.

Edited to add:  Make sure you click Apply or OK after you make the change in order to save it.

--Cinn

PS if you are using Viewer 2, let me know and I can point you to where that is located

• Like 1

Thank you Cinn, your answer works to some extent. Now instead of Owner over my name I change the title for Owner to "King of Aridzonia" and that appears above my name. The problem now is for everyone else I change it to "Aridzonia Royality" which is Ok but I want a specific title for specific people. Even though I created the role and title Aridzonia ArchDuke my friend and second in command gets Aridzonia Royality because I cannot take him out of the Everyone role even though I added ArchDuke role to him. Does he have to be just Aridzonia Royality like every one else that joins?

You can create multiple roles, one for each person if you like.  Everyone (including yourself) is assigned to the Everyone role, you can't change that.  But you can give them a new role with a different title.  That doesn't mean you have to give them additional abilities.  Once a person is given a second role, they will then have to change their group title to the one they want to use.  This is done on the General tab of Group Info at the bottom where is shows My Active Title.  I believe in the group I'm in for my SL job I have about 7 titles available I can choose from.

Hope that helps

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Group_Roles

http://vodpod.com/watch/937841-changing-your-group-title

Ahhhhh Haaaa - Thank you very much Cinn,

Everything works the way you said it would. I just could not figure it out by myself either because:

A. I'm a King and do not feel I should look things up (grin).

B. It wasn't intuititive.

C. I'm not as smart as I think I am.

Thanks again for your help. Consider yourself Honorary Royality of Aridzonia.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.