Friends/groups/hanging out/whatever

DarkLexxa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm fairly new to SL and I've really enjoyed it but I don't really have a lot of people to hangout with. I like to rp but many of the places I've gone seem really close knit and I feel like an outsider and looking throuh groups is even more daunting. The few friendships I've made I cherish immensely, but sometimes when there is no one I know online I just randomly tp from sim to sim aimlessly.

My interests including music (it is what I am majoring in and I play several instruments), writing, reading (I fangirl a lot of fandoms), and adventure.

I tend to play evenings on PST (6p-midnight). If you're interested, a humaniod-esque entity, like pina coladas an long walks in the rain then IM me, send me a message or reply here or build a smoke signal.

Hellooooo... It all depends on what you like... There's plenty to do in Second Life. I've always been into fantasy, SF and related things like steampunk. You can use the magnifying glass to search for places. If you like heavy immersive roleplay, I strongly recommend Mystara. The realm is like one big orgasm, it's really well done! If you like lighter roleplay, please visit me on the Isle Of Dee. The owners are still finishing building it, but it already looks nice! It will open soon, and there's already a few residents, and lots of shops. They're very newbie friendly. If you don't like either, I'd be happy to help you out finding other stuff too. I know things can seem overwhelming at first.

;)

I've always felt that way about SL. Everyone can come off as so stand offish. I think the issue with that is because a lot of times they are dealing with past drama or past tolls. Like the forums. I'm totally new, but I'm sure a lot of people are waiting until I talk more on it to interact with me. It can be the kind of thing that makes you want to just give up and do your own thing. But I'm a social butterfly or something. I need to interact with people. So basically just try to hang around and people will know you are just a cool person to chill with, and you might end up making a best friend. As for places. The Velvet is still an awesome place to hang. Just random conversation with great music. 

• 2 weeks later...

*quickly builds a pile of wood lighting it on fire* Shoot! *looks around quickly for a blanket snatching one from her sleeping partner and begins wafting the flames*

Okay...hopefully the smoke signals are getting to you :P

I'm new to sl myself (only a day old) but I've heard a lot about the community from friends who are active. I'm always looking to meet new people, and so I figured I'd shoot you a reply. I was a music major before switching to my current major (I played flute for years through middle school etc) so I'd love to get together and chat tunes maybe sometime. I was going into composition, but alas I had to get a degree that could traslate into a job :\ Long story short I sort of lost the income that was allowing me to go after a music degree so I must admit I'm a bit jelly to hear you are still getting to study music. It's a true passion :) 

Anyway now I'm rambling and the flames are starting to get out of control *looks around sheepishly for a bucket of water* 

Feel free to shoot me a message in world sometime or a friend request. 

Best wishes!

~Sophia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.