Irrelevant charges?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just received an email from LL that they were unable to bill my account. I'm guessing for membership. Confusing part is, I downgraded last week and I am basic atm. It even states as much on my account page. I am now negative $8.00 USD. Why am I being billed if I am a basic account holder? I obviously do not own land, I sold that a long time ago. Now once again I might get my account disabled which is why I downgraded in the first place. My credit card changed how to load funds and paypal is having issues with my bank account. My question is: why am I being billed?

I'm hoping a Linden can help with this. Things sure changed since 2005.

To add I tried to send a support ticket. But had to chose basic. Guess what, they don't have one for billing because basic doesn't "have" billing for membership.

-= Ex Mentor and resident since 2005=-

Rowana Rolland

8 answers to this question

Just to be clear, you said you sold your land a long time ago; how long ago?  Even if it was 3 weeks and 6 days ago and you regard that as a long time you may still have been liable for a tier charge.  The payment doesn't correlate to any membership payment unless you had more than zero in there before the transaction.  Your sig says you are a former mentor so I've presumed you've checked your account and any recent transaction activity.  Barring all that I can only suggest you contact billing again to get it clarified and resolved.

Rowana.rolland wrote:

To add I tried to send a support ticket. But had to chose basic. Guess what, they don't have one for billing because basic doesn't "have" billing for membership.

You can use the telephones for Billing Support (telephones also for Basic accounts):

f you have a non-technical issue with your account you can also call our Billing team at:                    

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• Like 1

Sy.Beck wrote:

Just to be clear, you said you sold your land a long time ago; how long ago?  Even if it was 3 weeks and 6 days ago and you regard that as a long time you may still have been liable for a tier charge.  The payment doesn't correlate to any membership payment unless you had more than zero in there before the transaction.  Your sig says you are a former mentor so I've presumed you've checked your account and any recent transaction activity.  Barring all that I can only suggest you contact billing again to get it clarified and resolved.

I called (thank you Irene for the number) and that is the reason. I had land that was sold on 02/04/2010. And being charged "one more time" because I had it. My account was suspended at that time so I didn't get the funds from the sale. The land was set to group so the officers received the sale proceeds. As to how was I able to sell it if I was suspended. There was another owner in the group, she put it up for sale.

Thank you all for responding. I always wondered why people say they want to leave SL. Not a good sign when a program makes you cry RL.

=-Ex Mentor and resident since 2005-=

Rowana Rolland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.