Temp-on-rez Issues

Impresario Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've created a vendor (yes, I know, who hasn't) that besides handing out notecards, landmarks and the object being sold also temp-rezzes a box that gets removed by the garbage collector if the user of the vendor walks away.

Here's the meirdness I've run into:

I have two locations where I test my stuff. The first is a mainland parcel with plenty of prim allowance. When I test the vendor there by rezzing the temp item everything works beautifully and the temp prim hangs around the expected minute or so.

The second location is a homestead, also with plenty spare prim capacity. When I try my vendor there the temp-rez item flashes on for less than a second and disappears. In fact, I don't even have to use my vendor. if I turn the temporary flag on for just about any object, it disappears instantly.

Making this even more bizarre, this behavior is not consistant. Some items flash on and off, while others hang around longer when I click there temporary flag.

I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced anything similar or has some ideas of what's going on.

I'm going to toss in one thought here. Make sure both SIMs are on the same Server channel.  If for instance your Mainland is the main channel (Agni) and your homestead is a release candidate a JIRA might be appropriate.

server.JPG

It will be in Help/About.

If it is Main Channel it will say "agni."

If it's a release candidate it will say Blue Steel, Magnum, LeTigre.

I'm not sure exactly but I think about 10% of the grid is release candidate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.