Sign in to follow this  
Berlin Mesmeriser

How can you tell how many prims a piece of furniture uses?

Question

5 answers to this question

Right click the item, select Edit. In the open edit panel, under the General tab, on the right hand side, you will see the prim count of the object. This works whether or not the item belongs to you. If you go into edit on any object nearby and then select a prim object someone is wearing, it will work on that as well.  But you can not right click > edit on an object someone is wearing.

You can also find the creator of the object this way if you like something and want to find who made it.

Just adding on to this--if the item is not yours or you don't have permission to edit, you can still right click and choose edit.  Sometimes SL will automatically drop the selection, so just right click again while you've got that build/edit window open (no need to select anything) and it'll show you in that tab.

I don't know if this has to do with what you are talking about, but at one time I could not see the prim count in objects that did not belong to me.  The problem was that I had 'select only my objects' checked in the tools menu, unchecking it allowed me to see the prim count of any object.