How Long Will i be Waiting for my Limit Sell Orders to go through

Dante Xevion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

open buy.JPG

Dante Xevion wrote:

im just wondering how many days people have had to wait for do their limit sell orders. ive been waiting since may 16th and havent gotten one order filled yet..is this thing broken or do i just wait longer...

What rate are you asking? 

Sometimes people don't understand what these charts really mean in practice.

The reason those "sell orders" are open is because no one is really buying at that rate.

Likewise with the "buy orders."  No one is selling at that rate so the orders are remaining open.

But if you notice there is a gap.  Nothing listed between 247 sell and 256 buy.

All the activity between Buyers and Sellers is happening from 248 to 255, therefore there are no "open orders"

At 255 you'll sell faster than at 248.  Because buyers are looking for the best deal.

Remember, LL does not buy your $L's. They are not 'redeemable' for cash from LL.  You are waiting for other Users to buy.

ETA: If you choose to sell at a rate on the chart you will probably never sell.  Why would I buy at $247 when I know I can readily purchae $255L for my dollar.   Similar with the buy rates.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Fyi - in my experience, 247 takes about 3 days to fill. 248 sells within a couple hours.

Ok, I hadn't checked the current activity on the Lindex.  247 is the best rate sellers are getting. 

I wonder how long it's taking to fill a buy order at 257?  Last time I tried I gave up waiting after a week.

http://gridsurvey.com/lindex.php

The basic principles as I explained them still apply.

Dante Xevion wrote:

i mean i had been reading up on how and im guessing you helped me figure it out, sweet, im a dj in sl and ive been saving and saving all my L. but as long as i understand it (in this case i do) im good to do..248 it is..

As Arwen said and the Lindex Charts confirm, if you are willing to wait a few days you can get 247.  I don't know how long 248 will take but I doubt if more than several hours.  But that is a pure guess on my part.

Glad we could help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.