Inside piece of clothing mesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having trouble with a trick that experienced fashion creators allready know,my question is how to make interior part of mesh so that the object have thickness and otherwise to save computational process,should i use solidify modifier in Blender and delete most of the inside faces than scale the rest down i really don't know how to make this so seamingly simple trick that was shown in the picture,i would appreciate your responce,and sorry for my bad english

InsideMesh.jpg

Probably the easiest way to to select the quads that you want to use for your "facing" (a sewing term, not a mesh term :D) separate those from the original mesh by selection, make a copy of them them scaling down JUST a bit, flip the faces and then link the top edge back together.

Also note that there is no reason that I can think of to have SO much of the inside of the dress solid as shown in the photo. On a dress like this you only need a few rows (like maybe three?) to do what you want to do.  

Good luck.

You can solidify only the selected faces by using the solidify operator instead of the modifier that affects the whole mesh. (Ctrl+F,S or Mesh->Faces->Solidify). However, this gives you real thickness (+/- an edge) which you don't need. The simple duplicate and flip normals is easier. Both duplicate the UV map of the duplicated faces.

ETA you don't really need to scale the duplicated.flipped faces, as the inside and the outside at the same point can never be seen at the same time, just as with a piece of cloth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.