why do I keep getting ejected from age restricted land? I am well over 18?

Maegren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi,

I am well over 18. but keep getting ejected from age restricted land.

can someone tell me the precise, exact link that I have to go to, to update / fix this? I have gone through lots of settings pages / knowledge base responses, and found nothing

Big hugs if you can fix this!!!

Maegren x

3 answers to this question

okay if the sim is sending you a message stating that your avi is too young... that isn't directed at you, its your avi.

Some places that have adult rating and even some moderate places require your avi to be a certain age.

By age I mean in days old. Can I ask where you were trying to go to? If you feel unconfortable talking about the place for some reason feel free to pm me and the location you keep getting kicked out of it will be kept secret.

• Like 1

First off, you have to set the viewer to allow you to access Adult content. See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accessing-Adult-land-and-content/ta-p/805975. The default setting allows you to access General and Moderate content.

Then, as stated, you may have to wait until your avatar is old enough. Parcels and sims can also be restricted to persons with payment information on file (PIOF) with Linden Lab.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life, Maegren!

I think ParnellMike is probably right. Some venues don't allow avatars less than 30 days (or some other limit) old. This prevents them from being griefed by freshly minted avatars. If you are able to visit adult regions, you are correctly age verified.

There's nothing that can be done about region owners denying access to recently registers avatars, that's entirely within their rights as owners.

There are plenty of places without such restrictions, so you should find plenty to do until your avatar is seasoned enough for entry everywhere.

Have fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.