Alpha sorting problem.....but no alpha textures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just run into a strange issue that hopefully someone can assist with. I have been texturing some meshes this evening and for some reason, my perfectly normal texture is experiencing the "alpha sorting" issue, where the object is slightly transparent when viewed from ceritan angles.

Now, I went over to Opensim to check this out and the exact same meshes and the exact same texture do not experience this issue there. I double and tripple checked the texture in GIMP and there is 1000% no alpha on the texture.

The pieces do have normal maps applied but again, also in opensim. In OS my objects look solid, in SL they dont. I am also pretty sure it has nothing to do with the meshes, as this is a re-texture job and the meshes were fine up intil the point I applied the texturte.

So, whats going on? Its not the mesh, and its not the texture.......Help please! Thank you. :)

"1000% no alpha"

If there is an alpha cnannel, then perhaps you may get the alpha glitch even if all the pixels are completely opaque. If that's the case, open in Gimp, Remove the alpha channel (Layers menu), and re-export. Alternatively, save in a non-alpha format, such as bmp. See if that makes the difference. I am guessing, but perhaps the other grid removes the alpha channel if it's completely opaque?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.