Is there anyway I can organize my store list?

Antumbra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wanting to add more colors to a shirt of mine that I made like 3 months ago, but I want the shirts to be all on one page and not the new ones on page one and the others on page 20. So is there anyway I can organize the store list and move my products around? or will I have to delete it all and then reupload it :/ I don't wanna have to do that because some of them have reviews on them and I don't wanna remove that.

There's also an alphabetical order; since you've probably named the new batch of shirts pretty much the same way as the old, at least using that sorting they will appear together. Another thing you can do to help customers be aware of both batches, even if they use newest>oldest or Relevance order, is to use the 'Related items' function: for each of the new shirts, point out to eight of the old ones, and vice versa.

What there isn't, and I imagine is the point of your question, is a 'custom sorting order'.

8 is the number LL chose, it's all so about how many can be seen at one time across the bottom of the page, I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.  The new CEO seams hopeful and has done some good things so far, but we have yet to hear about any plans for improving the marketplace, and as you can tell it much needed.  I think custom store fronts and sorting are on the top of many peoples list. 

I took a look at your marketplace store, for the number of items you have The one feature that is working that would help customers find things in your store faster would be to list your items in subcategories, you currently have all 371 of your apparel listing listed as apparel-women's, if you use the subcategories then customers can sort your store by what they are looking for, such as apparel-women's-pants, apparel-women's-tops, or apparel-women's-dresses, this can really help out when shopping at store with 31 pages with a lot a color variations. I recommend taking a look at the Category Guidelines.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines

Antumbra wrote:

Then how come when I go to my store... and select "newest-oldest" they are all in order lol 

lol may be I don't shop enough I din't think of that,  I was just thinking of relevancy, no mater how you use date or alphabetical sort, many people will see your store with just the default relevancy, we just don't have control we need over how people will see or sort the order of our items, so I've stopped even trying.  For your store the alphabetical works well grouping your items but how do you get customers to sort that way.  Related items is really one of the best options we have even if it's limited to 8, for related items I woulden't think of just relating old and new but all so best selling.

I just thought of an other good point about sub categories, say some one is searching the marketplace just by clicking on categories looking for "apparel-women's-tops", they will not see your tops if they are listed as "apparel-women's", but if you tops are listed as "apparel-women's-tops" they will still be seen if some one is looking in "apparel-women's"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.