Why am I receiving "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region" script warning?

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was in the process of waiting for the scripts to finish loading on a newly rezzed home when I had to log off unexpectedly. After relogging on, this message appeared in a Script Warning/Error box for my avatar "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region" along with "Too many errors... dropping further messages until the flood stops"

Some items had dropped off the avatar and I tried replacing all items with something different, including the shape and skin. But, I still can't get hair, AO Hud's, certain clothes [some will load the alpha but not the item itself]; nail, feet, facelight, ect.to attach.  I receive this message instead "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region" 

I derezzed the house; tried to rez again but received the "Unable to create items..." error message again. I am unable to load anything now onto the avatar nor rez anything on the ground. I am on a private homestead so the rights are correct. What can I do to fix this and what do you think happened to cause it? Maybe logging off before the scripts had completely loaded on the home then all the scripts for everything jumbled up, or something like that?

ps. I followed the 'items won't rez" suggestions listed on a help page but none of those helped and I couldn't find anything on fixing this particular error message; not that there isn't anything there, I just couldn't find it.

3 answers to this question

This is an old, old bug, going back to 2008 at least, that we don't normally see too often.

Nowadays when you receive that error message it's because there's something the simulator can't -- for some reason -- rez, despite having made several attempts.   It's normallyl associated with scripted objects or ones comprising a large number of prims, but I think that's more because those are the sort of objects a region might have trouble rezzing than anything else.

You'll see a number of possible work-rounds at the jira link above, but I've always found that simply logging out, rebooting my cable modem and logging back in seems to fix it.

• Like 1

I have spent days going through all the suggestions listed in the link; nothing has worked. I tired rebooting, relogging, reinstalling; sill nothing. it's rented land so I am just going to let the landlord know. Strange but I sure hope I don't see this problem again :{

Thanks so much for your answering.

Nikilei

I am currently having this same issue with a large parcel I recently rented on a homestead region, and I have been communicating with the land company about it. The first few times it happened, they restarted the region and that fixed the problem. Now they are telling me that LL has requested they not do that so that LL can look at the issue as it is happening. So in the meantime, while I wait for LL to step in, I can't rez anything on my land and can't log into my land because if I do I get script warnings and have no hair, AO, shoes or feet. I have to log into another region and tp home.

What I have been told is that terraforming is a known cause of this issue since each time an adjustment is made the navmesh for the region (the physics layer) has to be re-calculated. My partner has been terraforming, so perhaps this has caused a problem (although, of course, it shouldn't). I've also been told that this issue exists in all homestead regions and the key factor is the content within the region that triggers this issue, e.g., moving items, multiple adjustments to terrain, and lots of rezzing. (Aren't these the main reasons why people get their own land??)

I've also been told that physics memory in the region hits a certain point (used and not properly released, which is the bug in question) which sets the region in a "safe" mode that tries to preserve the region from further "damage." I'm told that only certain kinds of items rezzed cause the issue and Linden Lab has thus far been unable to explain what item types cause the raise in physics memory. 

If this problem is widespread in homestead regions, as I've been told, someone else must also be struggling with it. If you have, and you have any ideas besides submitting ticket after ticket, I'd welcome your input. Right now we are wasting a lot of money on this land, since we basically can't do anything on it or with it.

Thanks,

Stella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.