Script won't go away, still working and hear it

QueenoftheeDamned

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There's this Ed Run, thing that sounds and run's like ed from Ed edd and eddy a friend gave to me. I used it last night and when i try to remove, delete.. i still run and the sound is still playing? help :I 

I relogged a lot. tried going to the 'about land'-->'script info'-->'my avatar', dosen't show it either 

1 answer to this question

Oy, you are Queen of the Damned, aren't you! ;-)

Okay, this sound is coming either from something you are wearing, or something you've rezzed on the ground nearby. Open your inventory and either look in the "Worn" tab, or search for "(worn" (no right paren) to see what you've got on. Look for attachments (they're the only wearables that can contain scripts) that are new or unfamiliar and remove them one by one until the sound stops. The last attachment removed before the sound stops is the culprit.

If you've yanked them all off and the sound is still there, then it's in something rezzed nearby, or the coming from an LSL bridge your viewer may be running. If it's the bridge, I'm not up to date on how to handle that, but here's an old old thread dealing with it that may point you in the right direction...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General/Sound-explorer/qaq-p/697665

If the thing is in world, got to World->Show(or Show More)->Beacons and enable Beacons and Sound and set the Width to 10 or so. Then look around for yellow lines. They'll be emanating from any sound sources in the area. One of them is hopefully the thing that's annoying you. You can also go to Build->Pathfinding->Linksets and click on your name to see all the things in the region that belong to you. Look at only the "Scripted" things to see if one of them is the culprit.

Good luck!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.