Renting simple, empty skyboxes

TaranW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some months back it was relatively easy for me to find some decent sized, empty skyboxes that I could put up a little residential place. I have something like 950 prims for L$1099/week. Recently I've wanted to upgrade, but... for the life of me I can't seem to find many skyboxes, and the ones I can find all have very limited prims available and are usually furnished. Even the renter I went throug for my current place has not been terribly helpful... it seems like they just don't offer any more skyboxes. 

I'd settle for something on the ground but secdluded (and Mature), and could possibly go as high as L$2000. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

When you rent a skybox you generally are not renting the land under it and in fact may be sharing it with several tenants,and this is why you are restricted so much.  Skybox rentals are also the lower enter of the rental market and are popular with people that just want to move in and not have to furnish them.

This doesn't mean a lot of people don't live in bigger and better self furnished skyboxes with more prims and full control of the land,  These people rent or buy the land and put their own skybox or skyhouse up. You can buy a skyhouse to your taste furnished or unfurnished.  You can also get a simple box to use, a half sphere or a floating rock ala the floating mountains in the movie Avatar.  Any structure that you can rez on the ground can also be used as a sky home by placing a platform under it.  The advantage of using your own structure is that you can texture and modify it as you please.  You can even landscape around it using a platform.  Some are so elaborate you'd never know you were in the air unless you look at your altitude or someone tells you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.