delete account

GideonLagat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Gideon

If you are only a basic member, that line should really read "Your billing rate: USD FREE*"

However, if you wish to delete your account, whether it is a premium account or a basic account, there is no cost to do this.  You simply click on the option to "delete account", and that should be that.

It doesnt make sense to me actually. Basic accounts summary show "Billing rate: FREE"

Premium accounts summary show " Billing rate: 11,90 USD monthly" (this is just my example).

I would suggest you contact the billing support and sort it out with them before deleting your account. Since you have payment info on file, you should also start by deleting these.

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277 (use Skype to save cost if you don't live in a country not listed above)

Billing Support is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

You are not being stupid.

To be honest, I do not know why that "USD 12.64" is there.

There may be other replies to come here for your enquiry - other people will read your question.

You never have to pay anything to delete an account though. If you have never been premium, then it is easy to click "delete account", and the account is deleted.

If you decide at a later date that you want your account back, then it would cost you 9.95USD to reactivate an account.

• Like 1

Yes, it is extremely difficult to learn everything - much more so than when I was a new resident in 2007. I wish I understood what had gone on with the billing rate thing - maybe Linden Lab just word things badly :(

I wish you the best also.

Linden Lab has a brand new CEO - maybe things will change for the better and at a later date you will want to try Second Life again. Often people do return. It can be so frustrating to feel defeated by something that is essentially only a game (although people argue that it is not a game!)

I also have the same strange situation.

I wanted to close my Second Life basic account after just several days of using, without any transactions.

Your current plan: Basic Membership 
Upgrade to Premium today!

And there appeared such an info:

Your billing rate: USD 12.24 Basic*

Shouldn't Second Life fix this thing?

Please don't tell me to call you to explain it because it sounds ridiculous to me.

I used a free account, is it my problem?

I too have been robbed by this subscription.

Then, the company kept resubmitting for 10 every two days and each time the bank debt my checking account 39 us dollars each occurance.

I tried to delete my account but because secondlife wanted another payment due, it prevents you from deleting the account. 

I joined as basic member when you first started and have been premium member to the tune of 1790 lind dollars on an acct that I dont know how to use.

Enough already, do not submit any thing else for payment and have a short life.  Nobody will put up with that for long.

Close my account and have a nice day.

Hi,

togoshi I have the same problem!!!! I've had my account for about 3 months though but only used it 3 times or so for a short while only because my computer couldn't handle it anyways!

now I want to delete the account because I think the programme slows my computer down and it's crappy anyways and it won't let me, it always only shows me my summary page which reads:

Your current plan: Basic Membership

Your billing rate: USD 11.94 Basic*

Your current status: Cancellation Pending

And what does 'Cancellation pending' mean? Cancellation of the 11.94?? Anyone HELP please??!!!

Thanks!!!:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.