Why do Marketplace Ads sometimes not show up when I upload/view them only in Safari?

Sihn Ishtari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's really very odd.  Moreover, if I try to upload photos in different formats, and sizes, etc. the problem remains.  

EDIT:  Clearing cache, resetting safari in full do not work.  There is another store I've seen on the Marketplace that has the same issue and I'm certain the creator isn't aware of it because 3/4s of the ads don't show.  That store is called "Cherry Bomb" or something similar and I suspect, though could be wrong, that she too is using Safari.  This has happened before and I suppose that henceforth when it comes to uploading ads, I'll just use another browser.  I don't really see a fix for this.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

2 answers to this question

Sihn Ishtari wrote:

[ .... ]

EDIT:  Clearing cache, resetting safari in full do not work.  There is another store I've seen on the Marketplace that has the same issue and I'm certain the creator isn't aware of it because 3/4s of the ads don't show.  That store is called "Cherry Bomb" or something similar and I suspect, though could be wrong, that she too is using Safari.  This has happened before and I suppose that henceforth when it comes to uploading ads, I'll just use another browser.  I don't really see a fix for this.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

So long as you are uploading images in one of the accepted formats (JPG, PNG, or GIF), it shouldn't make a difference which platform they originated from.  Theoretically, the servers don't know whether you are using Safari or Chrome or Opera, or whatever.  I suppose it's possible, though, that there's something odd in the way that Safari grabs the images from your Mac.  I am not a Mac person myself, but I know that I have occasionally had trouble dealing with images that Mac people send me.  If you can upload with a different browser, though, it sounds like that is probably your best solution.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.