Blender upload issue, mesh loses forward facing faces no matter what angle.

LouiseDeBlois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The issue is, whatever side you look at, the faces which are infront, turn invisible, only reveling those behind. 

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.JPG

so if i went behind this, the faces facing me will turn invisible, while the sides in the images will be shown again... in short, i can only see the inside of the faces.... no idea how to flip/fix this

In Blnder, faces are rendered two-didd bu default. That means you see them even if they are facing the wrong way (inverted normals). In the Properties panel on the right of the 3D view, in the "Display" section, there is a checkbox for Backface Culling. That changes it to display only one side of the faces, the one the normal sticks out from, as is always the case in SL. The back side is then invisible. You can also see the normals by clicking the right hane of the two little buttons under "Normals". Flip the by selecting the faces and doing Mesh->Normals-<Flip. Or you can use the recalculate menu option instead.

Triangles .... I put the limit in the post, but that is far more than you should need anyway. The effective limit is 21844 per material. More than that and the uploader creates secret materials which can give you a variety of problems. At 174752, it drops any further triangles. I don't think this is you problem, although you don't really need so many. More likely it's the normals. Use smooth shaded surfaces rather than extra faces to get smooth appearance. That will save LI and gpu load as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.