Lola's Tango VS Tattoos problem

MasterDiabolique

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey folks, i'm not forum savvy so i hope this is proper place to ask this, apologies if it isn't.

My SL business is making tattoos and recenly i started working on Lola's tango appliers for the tats. Now i bumped into a very annoying problem for me... large portion of the tats i made looks absolutely horrible when applied. Namely the edges are all jagged/missing, the colors are OVERLY saturated and transparency is completely gone. I'll attach a picture showing in-world and in-photoshop picture.

Tattoo_problem_lolas.jpg

I tested some tats with few friends and results were the same

Friend told me to not go over 49% transparency on the layers but that didn't helped with my problem. Does anyone have a solution? Any help is greatly apreciated

masterdiabolique resident

Thank you for your reply Jenni, i took your advice and went in to check how it's built. In the bra layer of the lola's (the one where tattoo is supposed to go on) has tha alpha blending turned on as default so  i changed the transparency from 0 to JUST 1% and tattoo showed exactly the way it was in the photoshop. I'm guessing this is concerning the lola's and not the tattoo itself? If so, is there a simpler solution or a script that i can provide with the tattoos so my clients can fix those issues easier then going in and editing the breasts themselves?

Thank you

There's not really much you can do if the alpha mode on the tat layer on the breasts is set to alpha masking - you'll have to tell your customers to toggle it to alpha blending I guess. I do not know what side effects this would have, might be worth testing beforehand.

When you give it 1% transparency I guess it does also switch back to alpha blending. though I've never tried it that way.

The only easy thing you really can do is have a notecard advising of the percentage. I regularly change most of my clothes to 1% on my lola's because of detailing and whatnot. It gets rid of the weird outline on most things and allows the clothes to be seen as they should. I discovered it much by accident some time ago while store hopping around and the merchant had an adboard that suggested that for their lace. I've been doing it that way ever since.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.