New resident in search

Blu Cazalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Blu Cazalet wrote:

Hi,

I have a friend who just signed on to SL. I was going to be her guide, but she doesn't show up in search yet. Any idea how long it takes for someone to show up there (or is it immediately)?

Thanks!

Blu Cazalet

I know it's not immediate. I believe it takes a day for a new resident to show up in search. Give it a few days, just to be on the safe side. Meanwhile, if she's going to let you guide her, have her friend you. Or you could friend her from her profile using the conversations that you've had already.

Hope that makes sense...my brain's kind of mushy from the snow...

Blu Cazalet wrote:

Hi,

I have a friend who just signed on to SL. I was going to be her guide, but she doesn't show up in search yet. Any idea how long it takes for someone to show up there (or is it immediately)?

Thanks!

Blu Cazalet

I'm having difficulty understanding why you would need to be able to find them in search in order to guide them.  It seems as if you're talking about a RL friend and if so, just use some other form of communication to instruct them on how to find your avatar name in search and send you an IM.  At which point you can friend them and be on your way.  If my assumption is incorrect, then you'll have to explain your situation more clearly.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.