DAY 2. An Open Letter to Ebbe Altberg: CEO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to the SL side of LL. 

May I call you Mr. Ebbs?  It saves some keystrokes over typing Ebbe Linden plus I really don't like posting to an obvious Alt :|

I know you'll have a lot on your plate the next few weeks just acclimating yourself to this brave new world you now find yourself leading.  It took me years to get the hang of SL, and after four years I still sometimes rez a box on my head. 
I'm also sure that on day three you'll have the mesh reformers screaming at you about deformers, and creatives (is that really what they call themselves these days) complaining how unfair they are being treated coupled with some people who own PC's that predate SL posting about the lag encountered in-world.  Marketplace needs some fixing, too, so I gather from reading the 10,000's of complaints (mostly posted by the same three people.) Oh yeah, Darrius really wanted your position at LL .... just keep him in the back of your mind for now.  There is so much for you to do.

If it is at all possible I ask only one thing of you Mr. Ebbs, could you please address in-world *flying*.  I'm telling you it is getting me depressed. I've been flying around SL for four years now and my arms are exhausted.  Any consideration would be appreciated. 

PS FORE left! 

Did you say 'foresome'?  Oh, wait, no.  That was 'foursome'.  I get those two confused.  Or, perhaps it is all that talk about 'skin in the game' that makes me think of 'fore'.  I mean, sometimes.

If you and Ebbe decide to golf, I volunteer to clean your balls off both before and after.  I think I read it somewhere that clean balls make a happy golfer.  Or a golfer happy.  Maybe that's the same thing.

One thing I do not understand is why a couple of the SL live 'acts' don't understand the terminology of golf.  Maybe they are just fringe anyway.  (see what I did there?  Hey!  I Google!)

I suppose that golfing with Ebbe would be considered a casual match.  There is alot of that in SL, too.  Casual matching.  I wonder if he's heard the term slex?  You might want to tell him about it when you hit the 19th hole.  And, you know what I mean by that.  It's not an orgy room.  Or, is it?  I bet Lee would know.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Did you say 'foresome'?  ...    I bet Lee would know.

I betcha more that Mr. Ebbs would shout "it's a gimme" every time Lee took a stroke.

I would too.  Boys will be boys
:|

And golf is like SL, it's just a game.

Now you have me thinking something other than golf when you say that.  For example:

I bet Billy Squier is pretty ace, don't you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.