UV Deformation

hellclad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why would you ever work with triangles? Especially in a clothing piece? 

1. Alt J in edit mode to convert tris to quad

2. Way too many polygons for this to rig properly and effectively. You will need to reduce it significantly.

3. I recommend redoing your UV layout, lots of empty space

4. I have no idea what your original question was but I am just recommending some things

ETA: IF those are all poles on your mesh, and not the texture decoration I am seeing you might have a hard time getting this rigged at all without major artificats. Consider retopoing this project before you rig, If the Alt J does not produce a more reasonable area to work with.

It's not something I'm using for working, it's something I'm using for learning, not to be a functional piece. Mainly trying to use it as a way to make a lower poly piece then have it redone into a higher poly piece to bake a nicer ambient occlusion map. I think I might have mucked it up myself to begin with and have found a way to fix it myself with a little bit of time :) Thanks though.

Retopology eh?  I've used that a lot over the past 8 years in games design.  Sadly with lack of normal maps, or people being able to see them, it kinda becomes pointless so i don't really bother.

Also i agree, working with triangles is not really in your best interests, quads yield much better results.

UV mapping can be very time consuming and annoying but with enough practice it'll be okay.  You need to learn to prioritize which parts you want to be more defined and which parts don't matter so much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.