Screen_last and screen-home disappeared!

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All of sudden, 2 or 3 days ago, the screen_last and screen_home pictures are not showing in my library files. I haven't cleared my cache yet nor done a clean reinstall because I haven't had time to save my chat and IM logs. Any idea about what could be causing that and if there is another way other than clearing the cache? Thanks! 

ETA: Using the official viewer last version for Mac, btw

4 answers to this question

Hi Val,

So you've gone to "Library->Application Support->Your Viewer->Valerie Inshan" and not found "screen_last.bmp"?

I wasn't even aware there's a screen_home until you mentioned it, and I find one only in Snugs folder.

I don't think clearing the cache would affect this, as screen_last and screen_home are not stored in the cache, but rather in the avatar's personal history/settings folder.

My "screen_last" has a Last Modified date/time that seems correct, though I've seen that file get stuck at times, resulting in log-ins showing a very old pic.

When weird things start happening with my viewer, particularly missing windows or crashing, I toss the app's Saved Application State folder, which you'll find in Library->Saved Application State-> with a folder name of something like...

com.secondlife.indra.viewer.savedState for the SL viewer, or ...

com.phoenixviewer.firestorm.viewer-hvk.savedState for Firestorm or...

com.singularityviewer.singularity.savedState for Singularity.

I'm sure you'll be able to find the folder for any other viewer given these example names.

This is my long winded way of saying I've no idea where your files went, nor how to get them back again!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.