Head goes invisible when blinking

93ai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I asked about this particular issue before and got no response, probably due to lack of detail. I have two modded avatars, the mods are from different stores so I don't think that's the issue. I noticed when I was randomly going through my avatars that the modded ones have the head turn invisible when they blink. To confirm that, I turned blinking off where I could and the problem not longer presented itself. I know I could just turn off blinking, but I only have that option for one of the two avatars, so the problem would only be half solved.

Recap-

1- Two modded avatars

2- Head turns invisble when blinking

3- Problem goes away when blinking is off

4- Problem does not exist on non modded avatars

Any ideas what could be going on here?

2 answers to this question

93ai wrote:

So, I asked about this particular issue before and got no response, probably due to lack of detail. I have two modded avatars, the mods are from different stores so I don't think that's the issue. I noticed when I was randomly going through my avatars that the modded ones have the head turn invisible when they blink. To confirm that, I turned blinking off where I could and the problem not longer presented itself. I know I could just turn off blinking, but I only have that option for one of the two avatars, so the problem would only be half solved.

Recap-

1- Two modded avatars

2- Head turns invisble when blinking

3- Problem goes away when blinking is off

4- Problem does not exist on non modded avatars

Any ideas what could be going on here?

My best guess would be that the head uses a different texture when it blinks than when it isn't blinking, and that texture is either not loaded or doesn't exist for the modded ones.

There are also some issues with texture animations in recent viewers after the changes that came with materials, but I'd think that would affect the non-modded ones the same way. See what happens if you go to graphics preferences and change the "Advanced Lighting Model" setting.

I think Theresa is on the right track.  Your head uses two textures, one for eyes open, one for eyes closed.  Your computer or your internet connection are preventing the second texture from loading, or loading in time, so you see nothing when the head is using the eyes closed texture.

See what you can do to increase your performance, your "frames per second", fps.  Reduce draw distance, disable advanced lighting model.  Once the second head texture gets loaded into your local cache, the problem should go away or at least happen less often.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.