Pet hold animations

insilvermoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys! So I have a number of pets and stuffed animals that I have acquired, none of which have an animation to hold them. They will attach to my arm but regardless of whether I have my ao turned off or on, my avi just waves her arms around and sticks the poor things in her butt and face, lol.

I found this thing on the MP. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-perm-petting-animation/3736862

Can I buy and equip this or does this need to be built into something? Or do you have any suggestions on how I can hold my pets lovingly and not wave them around and stick them in my butt? Thanks!

If your pets are mod you will need to put an animation and a animation script into the pet that triggers on being attached to the avatar.  If you use several animations you'll need a script that gives a menu to choose the animation with.

If your pets are no mod you'll have to do this using a HUD or separate attachment.  This can just be a small prim you wear on any part of the body or attach to your screen.  Make it transparent of course.

Scripts like this are available on MP here, or you can write your own if you know how.

Its important that the animation only effects the arm and hand and not the whole body and it is high priority so that it over rides the AO animation for the arm.  The one you linked to appears to be suitable.

Once you have the animation and script in the HUD or pet, you will need to attach the pet to the lower arm , play the animation and move the pet into the proper position.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.