Mesh clothing makers I beg of you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

RudolphFarquhar wrote:

Knowl Paine wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

This is why I try demos first.  Not all mesh makers make asses as wide as horse trailers.

:smileyvery-happy: horse trailer should be an official measure.

Is that an imperial horse-trailer or a metric one?

**********Rudi**********

How about a Trojan Horse.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I can flip that back at you - and given how much mesh clothing is out there, and how often one sees it on the grid,
I think I'd win this one

I don't believe you would... simply because you fail to grasp the real reason why people find standard sized, non-deforming mesh so objectionable.  There is certainly a faction of SL mesh wearers who care little about what shape they wear, as long as it looks good with whatever they're wearing.  These are the type that change their shape and skin as if they were merely additional articles of clothing... I would guess that the fashionistas and bloggers which you've mention would mostly fall into this category.

Alternately, there are those who are very emotionally invested in the shape of their avatar, which includes the breast and butt's size and shape.  These are the ones that have spent hours upon hours (if not months and years), perfecting exactly the look that they wish to represent.  I agree that some minute modifications wouldn't necessarily detract from their overall look, but there are instances where a mesh is made which completely contradicts the shape to which they are so attached.  In which case, there's nothing that can be done except reject it altogether.  You seem to imply that a few slight modifications should be able to satisfy anyone wishing to wear mesh clothing... it won't.  You're simply wrong on the matter.

For example, most mens mesh pants that I've tried on are rather lacking in the back side.  Now, I've given my avatar an ass that could almost jump out and slap you in the face for a reason... no way am I wearing a pair of pants that make my avatar look as if it has nothing more than a pancake which defecates.  No readjustment of sliders is going to help that situation... therefore, I must pass on wearing most mesh pants.  Now, when I find a pair that gives me the look I'm accustomed to, I'll wear the crap out of them, because I freaking love mesh clothing... when they work for me.

You may want to work on your ability to empathize with those who do not share your exact experiences.

...Dres

Very well said and I agree with you and others who have said that she would lose.

I frequent a lot of Clubs and have many Lady friends, many who love to 'dress up' and a common discussion is how frustrating mesh clothes is and how they have given up on it.

For those who like it and wear it, all the more power to them.  Their World, Their Imagination.

But my overall opinion of mesh when I observe it is that it ain't the big deal many are making it out to be.

I'm not against Mesh.  i have seen some beautiful outfits.  But it's just that the reality is far removed from the fantasies about it.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Lunar Core wrote:

And others realize that you are nothing more than a single user, assuming that your experience is the norm.

Newsflash Catnap, you're nothing more than a single user who likes to pretend that her experience is the norm.

It is not.

I can flip that back at you - and given how much mesh clothing is out there, and how often one sees it on the grid, I think I'd win this one.

With a mesh inventory in the thousands what I can tell better than you folks is what is normal for mesh items.

1. The height squish issue is a pure fiction. I have a 5'3" avatar and if it was true I'd not be able to wear any of my stuff. I have never encountered this problem.

2. The butt isssue is pretty rare. I've seen it on a small few items that built beyond what the shape was too. In a mult-thousand inventory, its less than a handful of the things I have.

3. I travel the grid a lot, and I visit a LOT of mesh shops. I see people in them from my height on up to the 7-8' giants, and I myself have a few giant shapes in my furry collection. The standard sizes are much more stretched tall than my shape - I have only very rarely seem someone not fitting into their mesh. And I've never seen it as a complaint in chat from those in these stores - where I have heard a number of other things voiced about style choices or getting conflicting props to work together.

4. If mesh couldn't handle different heights and shapes - it would not be doing so well.

5. Its always the same few people in the forums voicing the same complaints, and most of them claim to own very little mesh... Ie: they lack experience or perspective.

6. Flip through the popular fashion blogs and flickr groups these days. Mesh - seen pretty often, appears on a very wide array of different shapes of avatar. Again, if it couldn't handle this, the "fashionistas" - who are a lot more like some of you than they are like me - would not be using it so much in their artwork, and would not be blogging about its latest styles so often.

Your entire response is filled with nothing more than egotistical nonsense, speculation based on your personal experience and exxageration.

Your experience is your own, you do not and cannot speak for the experience of anyone else.

Deal with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.