New Set-Up.

Reecie Aries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After years...of playing SL on craptops and older than dirt desktops, fighting with lag and struggling to keep up, I've decided I am just going to get a new computer. Now, my budget is low around 800 usd and I have to buy a monitor also as the one I have is on its last legs. I've searched the digital storm website and found that I can afford the lowest level pc they have or maybe the second level, but I prefer nvidia gfx. Specs as follows..

- NVIDIA GTX 650 1GB
- Intel Core i3 4330 CPU
- 8GB 1600MHz Memory
- 500GB 7200RPM HDD
- ASUS H81 Chipset Motherboard
- 430W Corsair CX Power Supply
- DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
- Microsoft Windows 8.1

I know anything and I do mean anything is an improvement from where I am now. I struggle mercilessly at low settings. 

But I would like to have opinions on the gfx card, and motherboard parts. As I may be able to upgrade later on. 

Hm, of course it's better than your old stuff but not really convincing and absolutely not future proof. Please do yourself a favour and save up like 2 more months or so (or beg, steal and borrow) and make that GPU a GTX660 and the CPU a i5. I know nothing about digital storm but have you researched other sites as well? Assuming you're in the US Newegg.com or so may be cheaper. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the graphics card. I have a gtx 650 TI in this rig, and I can run SL at max and still get 40fps with shadows. I also do some pretty intense stuff on all my computers. The rig that I use for rendering has a gtx 670, but it's really the cpu that kicks butt in that pc. Plus, a graphics card always gets changed at some point. I'd only want a little better cpu than what you are getting there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.