SL Community Standards Violation?

TheSarali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I were to create an open intercom system, where people could pop in to a sim and talk, and people across the sim could hear it and respond all in local, would that then violate the Second Life Community Standards?  Specifically, this line "Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited." is what I'm concerned about.

I would not be able to grab consent prior to them using it, because by design they would be just popping in and speaking in a public area, where many people could hear already, so I don't imagine it would be a problem, but technically I suppose it would still violate the rules, eh?

Yeah, you would be remotely monitoring conversations without people's consent, which is banned.

I don't see why it's a problem to get people's consent, though.   Detect them when first they arrive on the sim, ask their permission, and only broadcast their chat if they do consent (keep a list of people who have consented, checking now and again to see if they're still there, and only broadcast chat if the avatar's uuid is on the list of people who have consented).

Eh, because it's a place for new people to come and get help, and I wouldn't want to confuse them anymore than they probably already are.  I'm also not the owner of the sim, I just wanted to help and communicate when I couldn't physically be there due to working on projects elsewhere.  It's too bad, as it would definitely not be being used for any sort of malicious purpose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.