creating an Avatar

kaye14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Sure.   It's Step 1 in this KnowledgeBase article >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919  .   You select an avatar as part of the process of joining SL.  As soon as you log on for the first time, there you are --- the avatar.

You can try on other sample avatars in your Inventory >>> Library >>> Clothing >>> Initial Outfits folder, or you can go shopping in world or in Marketplace for one that you may like better.  If you are truly adventurous and have a lot of skill as a 3D modeller, you can try making a completely new avatar in an external modeling program like Blender or Maya.  That is a very challenging task, so there are few people capable of doing it. If you are one of them, though, start hanging around the Mesh forum and picking up tips about all the peculiarities of modelling rigged mesh for SL.

Hi there Kaye, as you've been informed that's the basic of getting yourself an avatar but if you want to be a little more advanced you may need to get yourself a unique shape which Linden Labs doesn't provide. If you would like to contact me inworld, I'd be more than happy to assist you. My username is Shennn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.