Looking to Hire Serious MotionCapture Animator

Brooke Metaluna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In what format is the video provided? How many cameras?

Unless I am mistaken and I hope that I am, it sounds like you have a single video file with one video camera? The best you would expect to get from that is some laborious rotoscoping.

Mocap usually involves multiple cameras capturing different viewpoints, unless it's say just facial capture. (The camera need to be synchronised too, not just a bunch of separate videos)

I agree with Sassy in thinking that it would be very difficult to get mo-cap from a single camera's perspective. Avatar motion is 3D and the video you have is 2D. Absent the parallax of another camera's perspective, a computer would have to understand a great deal about the scene, or have massive help from a human, to estimate motion in the missing dimension. I'm not aware of systems that can do this... yet.

And, as you have multiple avatars in-scene, there is the potential for overlap, which could make even multiple camera mo-cap very difficult.

A Kinect camera can do it but that's a bit "not just a camera".  You won't get "mocap" from a single angle video.  It could be done for say just fingers or facial expressions but not full body movement.    Mocap requires cameras that capture movement from multiple angles.

As I said, the best someone could do with that is rotoscope it by keyframing using the video as a background reference and estimating the 3rd dimension.  That may be all that you need but it would be time consuming.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.