Presentation on the effect of SL on inquiry skills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

Thanks in large part to participants from this forum from November 2012 - January 2013, my research has finished, I achieved my doctorate, and I made the results publicly available on the Internet here: http://gradworks.umi.com/3592588.pdf

In summary, I was researching whether 20 minutes of Second Life immersion had any effect on inquiry skills (asking questions, making hypothesis, collecting data, drawing conclusions). The results said no statistically, but the results hint that virtual worlds do have an effect. Admittedly, 20 minutes is a small amount of time for my intervention. **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

As promised on my earlier thread not in this specific forum, I took great pains to protect my participants privacy and you'll see that all of the results are generalized.

I'll be giving an in-world presentation to science educators on Thursday November 21, 2013 at 5 p.m. SLT (8 p.m. EST) at Genome Island. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Genome/135/53/25

I would delighted for any of my participants or those interested to attend.

Thank you again,

hobbs Constantine, Heather Dodds, PhD

LOL - indeed. Well the pretest took 20 minutes, the intervention 20 minutes, and the post test 20 minutes. So I was asking for 1 hour's worth of work from random strangers. That seemed to the most I could ask for from such kind folks. I had planned, at one point, up to 4 hours worth of work. I'm so pleased that I got my minimal number of participants.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.