Edit and Object view different in Blender

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In object view, I have some overlapping geometry on some twigs, which messes up the texture. However, in edit view, there is no overlap at all.  I have separated the geometry even more in edit, but nothing changes in object view.  So I have this black mark on my twigs and no way to get rid of it. 

Anyone?

Erik Verity wrote:

Maybe I am thinking too simple but:

In Object mode, you see all of the objects in a scene. In Edit mode, you can see and edit only the object that was selected while in Object mode. Sounds like you have an extra object that can be selected and deleted in Object mode.

It is just the one object.  I have seen this lots of times before, but it is a minor nuisance.  It may be a Blender thing.  In any case, someone attempted to explain it to me before and I was hoping now that I have gained this enormous wisdom re Blender :smileyvery-happy: I could understand if someone took another stab at it.

My first thought:
In edit mode: Press ALT + 'h' key. (un-hide)

verbose explanation:
In Blender when you are in edit mode you can 'hide' some undesidered surfaces to keep a clear view about where you are actually working. 'Hide' is not a destructive tool, it dosen't remove or delete anything..think about it like a sort of invisible paint : ).
Hide surfaces it's quite easy to use (just press 'h' key and all selected surfaces will be hidden), in fact it's so easy that it could happen to press 'h' by mistake sometimes.
Hidden selections in edit mode don't affect the object mode view, so what I think is that you have selected some surfaces in edit mode and (maybe) hit acidentally the 'h' key. This will explain the strange (not so strange infact) behaviour from edit mode to object mode.

So:
'h' - to hide selected surfaces
ALT+'h' - to unhide previously hidden surfaces.

Hide tool works also in object mode, but in that case hides objects, not surfaces (useful when you have many objects in the scene).

Moore Tone wrote:

My first thought:

In edit mode: Press ALT + 'h' key. (un-hide)

verbose explanation:

In Blender when you are in edit mode you can 'hide' some undesidered surfaces to keep a clear view about where you are actuali working. 'Hide' is not a destructive tool, it dosen't remove or delete anything..think about it like a sort of invisible paint : ).

Hide surfaces it's quite easy to use (just press 'h' key and all selected surfaces will be hidden), in fact it's so easy that it could happen to press 'h' by mistake sometimes.

Hidden selections in edit mode don't affect the object mode view, so what I think is that you have selected some surfaces in edit mode and (maybe) hit acidentally the 'h' key. This will explain the strange (not so strange infact) behaviour from edit mode to object mode.

So:

'h' - to hide selected surfaces

ALT+'h' - to unhide previously hidden surfaces.

Hide tool works also in object mode, but in that case hides objects, not surfaces (useful when you have many objects in the scene).

Thank you.  Nothing is hidden.  In edit everything is fine, no overlap.  In object the same geometry is not in the same position as it is in edit.  I have seen this before, each time with balustrades, once on stairs, twice on a porch railing. This is a wreath made of twisted twigs.  All but one time, array was used (and applied).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.