Unable to Correctly Convert Audio

Atop Seid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am asking this in this forum as I am unsure as to where else I can obtain assistance with this issue.

I possess a series of Wave files that I intend to upload but, for reasons unknown to me, Second Life does not seem to support their format.

Earlier this year I was using a Windows XP computer with a built-in simple sound editing tool, which allowed me to specifically save the file as Wave with PCM WAV format, 16-bit, 44.1kHz, mono. Since I got my new computer (Windows 7), I have been attempting to use Audacity to convert more of these particular sounds. However, when saving them as PCM Wave format, I find that Second Life simply cannot upload them, stating "File does not appear to be a supported sample rate (must be 44.1k)"

Audacity allows me to change the sample rate to 44.1kz, but no 44.1kHz. I am assuming that this is part of the problem. Any assistance with this issue would be most appreciated.

Kind regards.

Many thanks for the replies. However, as I stated, it appears I can only change the sample rate to Hz instead of kHz (although I accidentally said kz instead of hz in the original post). I am fairly certain that this is the issue. Could I be using the wrong version of Audacity?

According to Torley Linden's video on uploading sounds (at least from what I can gather), these things should be taken care of automatically when saving. But as I stated, I still cannot upload sounds.

(Also, when I do set the sample rate to 44.1hz, the sound becomes shortened and high-pitched.)

Atop Seid wrote:

Many thanks for the replies. However, as I stated, it appears I can only change the sample rate to Hz instead of kHz (although I accidentally said kz instead of hz in the original post). I am fairly certain that this is the issue. Could I be using the wrong version of Audacity?

According to Torley Linden's video on uploading sounds (at least from what I can gather), these things should be taken care of automatically when saving. But as I stated, I still cannot upload sounds.

(Also, when I do set the sample rate to 44.1hz, the sound becomes shortened and high-pitched.)

Down in the bottom left corner of audacity is a project rate dropdown.. set that to 44100.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.