High lag airports off of mainland?

Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can anyone point anyone to an off mainsland sim that allows flying with out major lagging where one can enjoy the thrills of getting in the air and flying for a over a few sims and relax?

One I have located, had lag so bad I lost my helicopter in midflight and it was returned to my lost and found. Others have tried the same at the same airport with similar results.

It was explain to me that the owners don't restart these sims on a regular basis or clear out hight prim objects, hence the major lagging.

Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Make sure you are using a very stable, wired internet connection.  Wireless connections are the commonest cause of communication problems with SL, which is very demanding because of its environment, compared to online 'games'.

Sim-crossings are a particular problem in SL, even at walking speed, as everything about an avatar or object, it's appearance, attachments, scripts, etc. has to be handed-off from one server to another.  Therefore, also remove all unneccessary attachments and everything else (except system clothes) for the best experience.

When I'm sailing - which is much slower - I use an 'outfit' that consists solely of a system wet-suit.  Even my hair goes :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.