I am trying to buy linden, says a error. but they take money

ChelseaAllan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am waiting for my new real CC to come in next week. So I bought a prepaid CC. For some reason says theres a error when I purchase Linden. But yet they took some money off of it. heres the confirm code. So why cant I buy the Linden. I dont want to lose my land and everything because of this. :( help please

SECOND LIFE.COM 1 800 8606990GB

1 answer to this question

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 0800-664-5510

Japan: 0066-33-132-830

Portugal: 800-814-450

Spain: 800-300-560

UK: 0800-048-4646

Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

ETA:  Incidentally, the standard process for verifying a credit card is to submit a $1 charge against the card and then reverse it immediately.  That's the method that most companies, including Linden Lab, use.  I am fairly sure that the method fails for a prepaid card because there's no easy way to reverse the charge.  When you call the Billing Office, though, ask.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.