Missing required level of detail ...

Jasmin Helstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to make a mesh object that has three different materials, but if I try to upload it I get the message "Missing required level of detail" and triangles and vertices for all LOD's are marked N/A. It's not the mesh itself, I can upload that without a problem. If I add the materials I can still import it. I can add two of the three UV maps and all goes still well but when I add  UV map nr. 3 I get this message. There must be something wrong with that third UV map, if it's the only one I apply I get the message as well.

I've been working on this for several hours now and it's driving me crazy, does anyone have a clue what goes wrong ?

Thanks

Difficult to say without some more information. What you describe is what you get if you upload a collada file with empty geometry (eg an empty object from Blender). Same thing for an empty collada file, which you get if you export "Only selected" with no object selected (Blender again). So there must be something that is stopping the upload recognising anything, even for the high LOD. First thing is to ask what software you are using, then some more details about the object(s). A quick way to check the dae file is to import it back into your software, if it has that facility.

Another thing that might help is to inactivate the slm files, which are left next to the dae file by the uploader. These keep settings from the previous upload and that can sometimes create problems. Either delete the slm files, or make sure you click the "Clear Setting & Reset Form" button for each upload, or disable permanently by setting "MeshImportUseSLM" to false using Advanced->Show Debug Settings.

Thanks for your response Drongle, I found something. Somewhere in the process of modeling I added a vertice to an edge. By adding it, not to this edge but another one, I could make the very same shape, everything else I did the same as before. Only difference ... this time it just uploads ...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

• 9 months later...

Just a mid summer 2014 note on this thread for folks looking up the error.

I saved the dae file using the Save As function in Firestorm. Have done this MANY times before with no issues. This time I continuously got that error on another grid or the SL grid. I simply opened it in Blender and saved again with NO changes and all was fine. NO IDEA but it worked.

Just in case that happens to you who are reading :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.