SL for android? cell phones/tablets?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have noticed that with the new devices there seems to be an emty place where I wish I could have some sort of viewer of some sort for SL. There should be a way to make a viewer based on android tech that maybe somehow available. But I could be wrong. Its just that I dont have a working pc anymore or for the time being and I really miss building in the sandboxes and meeting new friends. Is there anyway at all? any way that just maybe this could be done? I could live with a super scaled back trimmed down app\viewer that would let me browse and build. It would be the best app ever. Like right now I got the sims free play and it makes me think of SL so dang much that I get antsy just wanting to build or explore. There has got to be a way. And im sure it would help getting more people to second life who are looking for a better experience with they're new faster devices like quad cores snap dragon chip sets and tegra line chipsets. Im sure im not the only one who might like to see this as I do believe it would be better than sliced bread for me. Just my take and like I said I atm have no other way exept for my ne galaxy note 2 to hopefully see the s world again for a while. Soonest I might be able to get a new pc might be a few months to a year...and its quite depressibg since all I live for is art and now building in sl. I really pray that the powers the be at linden labs take my cries seriously because I know this would probably be a huge money maker and also just another way to bring people from all over the world together in another awesome and fresh way. Android is becoming more used daily than most peoples pc's. Well from what I have noticed. I miss you SL. So bad. :\ *dreams of building in SL on my android. ..no matter how crazy it sounds.." Look at games like real racing 3 or gameloft games" let push them boundaries more! Go sl go! :P

Just a guess, but it may be some time before Lumiya's creator considers adding comprehensive building capabilities to Lumiya unless she devises an innovative way to deal with mobile phones' (and even tablets') relatively limited user input interface; Second Life building can be sometimes clunky to design even with a full-blown PC keyboard and mouse, never mind a small device's imprecise touchscreen.

I think it's remakarble that Lumiya does as much as it does on very limited hardware. With a good connection, I can even interact with my Tiny Empires HUD.

Building and other complex activities really should be reserved for full blown viewers. I'd hate to see Lumiya get bloated to where it interfered with the basics. :P

As it is, the people who put the app together did better than I could have done for so much. I mean the real program vs the app

Its like night and day but the fact that I can do all I can still chat still make friends and look at my inventory or watch what others are building change my clothing is completely amazing. To me the only things missing are building tools real sl sound and the ability to interact with my objects more. Eg flying, driving my vehicles and stuff. But that is ok. I still do love the fact that I can still do what can be done. Maybe anither version for building can be made separately that looses some other aspectbut ffocuses on building could be somewhere down the road. I have to hope because its all I got atm. Yes I also bel8eve it eats up your battery but I usually keep my phablet pkugged in while in sl to do some exploration. I have met a few new friends and got to s3e some cool new sandboxes that were not I comming up in search on the main viewer. So again another cool aspect is I can make new landmarks that I cant find with my regular viewer. Also some peopke in sl dont even know that an app viewer is or was available so some people I told were shocked to here that I was there in sl on my phone. It was neat beaing able to interact with others that I couldn't see before. And funny looking at some of my faved places thr9ugh my phone it is real cool.

• 3 months later...

hiya, unsure how good it is yet, but just downloaded an app called "Lamiya"

and is an SL viewer for android - will give more info after i've used it for a few days

it is on my phone (dint really want to use it on that(bandwidth)) have just put it on the kindle

says it's there , but where?

your guess is as good as mine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.