Sl Not loading

Mordaken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I joined sl 2 years ago I played a lot but after a couple months I stopped playing. Recently i've come back its been about a month now and I've been having loading problems but recently they are making SL unplayable. First mesh wasn't loading but that was due to the vanilla viewer I was using. I changed wiewers to singularity but I do not like its UI so I changed to Exodus ( on exodus i started having loading problems) I didn't like it much so I got Firestorm. 

So now to the problem. My friends list does not load half the time I log. I can't teleport without crashing and a lot of things in game do not load. I cannot play the game. Please help me.

BTW- I have disabled HTTP texture and HTTP inventory they fixed the problem for a while but now it is back.

HELP ME

I've restarded my router multiple times as well...

3 answers to this question

Hi Mordaken,

Since the problem has followed you across multiple viewers and a router restart, those don't sound like they're the issue. So that leaves your PC or maybe your DNS settings. People have had some luck moving to either Google's or OpenDNS' DNS servers.

You'll find Google's at:

And OpenDNS at:

Good luck!

Mordaken ,

DNS is simply an Internet-wide method to resolving Domain Names to thier Numeric IP address locations. ISPs many times provide you with thier DNS servers to use but they also aren't as reliable as other public services like the pool of DNS servers Google maintains for anyone to use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.