Two strange behaviors in using SL viewer 3.6.6.280963 on a Mac

Jean Swashbuckler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wondering if this is just me or are others running the latest SL viewer havng the same issue.

1) I cannot resize the screen before logging in or while in SL. Attempting to resize the screen leaves drag marks and the new screen appears as a smaller view inside the frame with a large black section above the screen. The only work around is to drag the viewer screen to the size I want, quit SL, then restart SL and the viewer is set to the size I just set before quitting.

2) Intermittently, I am no longer able to just quit SL. This is especially true when I have resized the screen as in 1). I have to force quit the viewer to quit SL. This also happens intermittently when quitting SL from inside SL.

Thoughts?

I wondering if this is just me or are others running the latest SL viewer havng the same issue.

1) I cannot resize the screen before logging in or while in SL. Attempting to resize the screen leaves drag marks and the new screen appears as a smaller view inside the frame with a large black section above the screen. The only work around is to drag the viewer screen to the size I want, quit SL, then restart SL and the viewer is set to the size I just set before quitting.

2) Intermittently, I am no longer able to just quit SL. This is especially true when I have resized the screen as in 1). I have to force quit the viewer to quit SL. This also happens intermittently when quitting SL from inside SL.

Thoughts?

Linden Lab recently made major internal changes to the Mac viewers to use the current Mac development system ("Cocoa") instead of the older one that had been used ("Carbon.") These changes have only been made recently and not surprisingly not everything was 100% correct when released. (This is pretty typical for ANY software release.) There have been a few Cocoa-related fixes released in the "Maintenance" viewer, which is the equivalent of the old beta viewers. You might want to try it:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.6.7.281236

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.